Assistant Manager - Williston, VT
Location:Â Williston, VT
Job Type: Full-TimeÂ
ABOUT OUR STORES
Working at Lennyâs Shoe & Apparel is not a job, itâs a community of those who work together for the love of the outdoors and supporting our fellow Vermonters. As aÂ Lennyâs Assistant Manager, you arenât just selling products, youâre helping people find high quality, top brand footwear, apparel, accessories, and advice they can depend on. With your passion for helping people and our training, youâll become a trusted partner to the local community. Our expert team members have the passion and knowledge to outfit our customers with high-performance gear. Join our team and inspire, educate and outfit Vermonters for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. At Lenny's Shoe & Apparel, we fit you right!
ABOUT OUR TEAMSÂ
In a local store as big as ours, we need all hands on deck to ensure we are operating efficiently. Our stores offer multiple shifts throughout the morning, day, and early evening hours. So, as a Lennyâs Shoe & Apparel Assistant Manager, you will be trained in the following areas:
- Management:Â Â Youâll supervise and manage all Sales Associates under the guidance of the Store Manager. Youâll provide leadership and foster Sales Associate development and communication. You will enforce store policies, analyze and improve business operations, manage expenses, and keep your staff aware of all promotions.
- Training:Â Youâll coach, develop and train Sales Associates in conjunction with the Store Manager.
- Customer Service:Â Youâll be an essential part of creating sincere connections with customers. Youâll welcome them to the store, exceed their expectations with solid product knowledge and guidance on product features and benefits, fit, care and maintenance, and ensure that they found everything they needed.
- Merchandising & Inventory: Youâll play an integral role in helping our customers find exactly what they need, right when they need it. Youâll help our team execute merchandising, stocking, and pricing strategies.
ABOUT YOUR CAREER
And while weâre here for our customers for every demanding job and fun adventure, weâll be with you at every stage of your career. With Lennyâs Shoe & Apparel, you will have opportunities to:Â
- Demonstrate your skills in the many facets of retailâfrom the sales floor to merchandising to the cash register
- Enhance your leadership skills and drive sales, handle difficult situations, manage cash and inventoryÂ
- Embrace the Lennyâs culture and customer-first attitude
- Assist the Store Manager in all operational areas including receiving, shipping, managing markdowns, etc.
- Identify opportunities to drive traffic into the store through community events
- Tackle the challenge of a store remodel or new brand launch
THE WARM AND FUZZIES
Weâve highlighted job responsibilities as best as we could aboveâbut the best parts of working at Lennyâs canât be fully described in the job description.Â
- Itâs the excitement you feel when you help a customer find just the right pair of work boots to keep them safe and comfortable at their job site.
- Itâs gearing them up with all the essentials for a highly anticipated hike across the Long Trail.Â
- Itâs the joy of outfitting a family from head to toe in preparation for their weekend shredding at Stowe Mountain Resort.Â
- Itâs the relationships you build with our regular customers who you know by name and shoe size!
- Itâs the friendships you make with our fun, passionate, community-minded team.
- Itâs the little things we do that add up to really big things that Vermonters need.
Working at Lennyâs Shoe & Apparel is not a job, itâs a community of those who work together to fit you right. With five brick and mortar stores throughout Vermont and Northern New York, plus a growing online store, our fun work culture provides ample opportunity for growth, both personally and professionally. Lenny's offers an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, 401K with company match and employee discount.